Deep Application Component Monitoring and Analytics
Ask About Us
The Riverbed® OPNET AppInternals Xpert® appliance provides deep visibility into the performance of complex, multi-tier applications to support all aspects of application performance management (APM) from the browser, to backend databases, to the code. It provides application support teams and developers with the information they need to quickly and collaboratively identify, troubleshoot, and debug application performance issues by combining the following key capabilities into a unified solution:
- End-user experience monitoring, which notifies you that there is a problem as perceived by the user and then lets you scope and determine the severity of the problem
- Code-level transaction tracing, which assembles a complete picture of a transaction’s path for real-time and historical analysis
- Deep application component monitoring, which provides broad and deep coverage of all application components to help you understand how the application infrastructure impacts performance
Applying a Big Data Approach to APM
OPNET AppInternals Xpert applies big data techniques to application performance management to accelerate problem diagnosis and resolution, providing the following capabilities:
- Transaction Trace Warehouse records and indexes all transaction traces—not just samples—so that application teams always have the critical data they need at hand
- Simple, powerful open-ended search speeds troubleshooting by making it fast and easy to find a single transaction among billions
- Correlation engine automates troubleshooting by identifying cause-and-effect relationships across hundreds of thousands of performance metrics from across multiple application tiers
- Patented analytics automatically identifies unusual patterns to provide early warning into potential future issues
Riverbed® OPNET AppInternals Xpert® provides application support teams and developers with a complete view of application performance by bringing together end-user experience, transaction tracing, and application component monitoring and applying big data techniques to automate analysis. As a result, OPNET AppInternals Xpert enables customer to:
- Accelerate application troubleshooting by rapidly pinpointing root cause down to the code level
- Identify application performance problems earlier using real end-user experience
- Detect and document data center, private or public cloud issues
- Streamline testing and deployment of new application releases
- Enhance IT efficiency by bridging the gap between application support and developers
- Ensure application performance and SLA compliance
- Easily communicate relevant information across business and IT audiences
End User Experience Monitoring
- Monitor end-user experience with minimal instrumentation and zero footprint in the IT environment
- Supports all end users using a web browser, regardless of where they are located and what device they use – laptop, tablet, or mobile device
- Report on key end-user experience metrics, including Apdex, end-to-end response time, detailed response time composition, and page view statistics
- Delineate response time by contributing sources, including server delay, network delay, browser render time, redirect time, DNS lookup delay, connection setup, in-browser layout, and resource loading times
- Gain detailed reporting of performance by application, page, user, geographic location, browser and device/platform type
- Onboard analytics provide application recognition, user identification, root-cause analysis, and powerful business-level summarization
Transaction Trace Warehouse and “Big Data” Techniques
- Unlike competitive solutions, OPNET AppInternals Xpert captures all transaction data; data is never sampled. Additionally, it provides a variety of ways to streamline problem identification and resolution by uncovering hidden patterns, unknown correlations and other useful information.
- Captures, stores and indexes all transactions using a big data approach that scales to billions of transactions – data is not sampled
- ‘Always-on’ cross-tier transaction tracing follows user transactions across all application components with code-level detail.
- Patented deviation tracking automatically learns normal behavior for thousands of performance indicators and alerts on deviations
- True correlation engine automatically identifies cause-and-effect relationships across hundreds of thousands of performance metrics from across multiple application tiers to find relationships and automate troubleshooting
- Identifies metrics that deviate at the same instance in time
- Identifies metrics that repeatedly deviate in tandem over time
- Simple and powerful open-ended search makes finding that one transaction in a billion quick and easy so that troubleshooting can begin sooner
- Heuristic-based recommendations are offered in “plain English” to simplify diagnosis
- Bi-directional integration with Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse integrated development environments (IDE) to enhance the workflow between application support and development teams
Deep Application Component Monitoring
- Monitor thousands of performance metrics from across all application tiers, including Java, .NET, database, VMware, and SOA
- Automatic application discovery and intelligent tuning accelerates set up and ensures low overhead
- Low-overhead, “always-on” memory analysis and real-time memory leak detection identifies code-level source of memory leaks
- Automatically detect systemic anomalies
- Correlate relationships among performance metrics to support troubleshooting
- One-second, high-resolution data collection
Extensive Metric Collection
- Provides deep visibility into J2EE and.NET applications with broad visibility across all other components. It collects thousands of measurements every second, including:
- Java/J2EE: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, etc.
- .NET: IIS, ASP.NET
- Web Services: REST, SOAP, XML-RPC
- VMware: VMware ESX, vSphere
- Sample metrics include physical allocation, physical usage, CPU shares
- Web Server: Apache, IIS, iPlanet/Sun One
- Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
- Operating System: Windows, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux (Red Hat / SUSE)
Compare AppInternals Xpert to other solutions
- Integrates end-user experience monitoring, code-level transaction tracing as well as high-resolution performance monitoring of application components across all domains (Java, .NET, web servers, databases, OS, storage).
- Always-on transaction tracing at the method level stores and indexes all transactions, all the time. Other products sample and store only a limited volume of transactions, or trigger code-level tracing only due to threshold exceptions.
- Collects performance metrics at one-second granularity, detecting behavior that most other products lose due to aggregation.
- Auto-discovery and auto-tuning of code lowers overhead and reduces blind spots by enabling more Java/.NET packages to be instrumented overall
- Leverages advanced analytics including sophisticated baselining, deviation tracking, and correlation to support powerful monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Tight integration with the OPNET APM Xpert suite provides seamless workflows and holistic application management capabilities. These include integrations with end-user experience monitoring, application mapping, and infrastructure monitoring. Web-based dashboards unify workflows across the suite.
- Support integration with any custom or third-party data source by leveraging OPNET AppInternals Xpert® adapter development kit. Example adapters are available via the OPNET user community, share.opnet.com.
- Use OPNET AppInternals Xpert’s transaction tracing to build detailed application maps in OPNET AppMapper Xpert.
- Enrich APM Dashboards with application component and system metrics. Drill down from dashboard views to high resolution forensic data in OPNET AppInternals Xpert Transaction Trace Warehouse.
Ask Us About...
- How our analytics rapidly sift through thousands of potential root causes to target relevant indicators, for faster, more accurate troubleshooting.
- How our approach to data retrieval extracts targeted information from a vast performance management database.
- How AppInternals Xpert is able to maximize visibility while minimizing overhead.